Sports wagering is one of the most popular type of gambling across the entire globe. If you are planning to try your luck by placing a bet on any of your favorite sport such as soccer or basketball then this article is a must read for you. Whether it is national league fixtures or non-league fixtures in soccer, before you get started, you must know the types of bets available.
- Straight bets are the most basic type of bets in sports. Such types of bets are usually placed mostly in sports like basketball and football. A betting line which is also called the point spread is set and any team or player that is the favorite has to win exceeding the set point spread for cash-in.
- Total line bets are also very popular when it comes to betting. In this, a number is fixed which will be the combination of final scores of both the teams. So, you have to bet on over or under that total score.
- Money line bet is the one in which a bettor has to choose a team that he believes will win and it needs no point spread. You can place such bets in almost all the major sports but they are mostly suitable for sports like hockey and baseball.
- Parlay bets involve grouping of two or more picks together. Adjustment of the betting odds can be done on a parlay payout on the basis of total number of picks that are grouped together.
- Head to head bets are usually placed on sports like golf where the wager is placed between two of the competitors. Whoever wins the tournament scoring the highest points will win. This is a very popular betting type although it can be very tough to choose an outright winner within a large field.